31 Day Challenge 2014 #7 Marvellous Marble


I really love the black and white combo, but I didn't know what to do with them. A tuxedo? Some black polka dots over a withe base? The aswer comes to me after a strong tea (an english breakfast tea, FYI) while I watching my marble floor (and thinking "I must polish it very soon!").





Nail polishes I used:

Flormar M01 White Board
Kiko 329 Pale Grey Wet'n'Wild wild shine Black Crème


Previously, I tried the water spotted technique, without achieve the expected result. This time the things goes better! Practice makes perfect as they say, and if you follow a clear tutorial practice shall be easier.
I started painting my nails with two coats of Flormar M01 White Board.
Then, when the polish was completely dried, I tired up some pieces of plastic wrap and I bunched them into small balls. I painted this plastic balls with Kiko 329 Pale Gray, and I dubbed the excess on a paper tissue. Then, I gently dubbed the plastic wrap over my nails, to create some gray spots. Into a bowl of room temperature water, I dropped some drops of Wet'n'Wild Black Crème and I sprayed a hint of parfum (L'Erbolario Magnolia, FYI) over the nail polish to create a kind of lace. I used parfum, because alchool tears apart nail polishes and the parfum doesn't stinks (as hair spray)! I dived my nail into the water and I waited 15 seconds, to trasfer the nail polish lace over my nails. I used a toothpick to remove the nail polish over the surface.
Ta-da!!






I followed this tutorial of Cutepolish, but I changed some steps. I dived four of my fingers into the water, because using five drops for each nail it's to expensive for me. And I have wrapped some tape around my fingers and cuticles to preserve them for the polish and having a faster clean up time.

If I suggest you some tips, make yourself sure that your polish shall spread into the water. If the polish doesn't spread fast, change nail polish. Crèmes spread better than shimmers, metallics, holographics, etc, etc.

Choose a room temperature water, or, if you live in a city with chalky water as mine, use distilled water or drink water.

And, as usual, do not drink coffee or tea before painting your nails!

I hope you like my marble nails as much as I enjoy doing it.
Have a nice day and take care!


Acque pacate e dolci risate finché non ci rincontreremo

0 commenti:

Post a Comment

Your comments feed my blog. Don't be shy!

 

My Lovely Followers

Team Blogueuse à Chat

All Around The World