[Winter Nail Art Challenge] #6 Christmas Song - Do They Know it's Christmas?



It's time to sing a song!
My favourite Christmas Song is not a religious one (despite Adeste Fidelis is the best Christmas related song), but a very pop song released in 1984 by Band Aid: "Do They Know it's Christmas?". In 1984 Bob Geldof gathered a a charity supergroup featuring mainly British and Irish musicians and recording artists.It was founded in 1984 by Bob Geldof and Midge Ure to raise money for anti-poverty efforts in Ethiopia by releasing the song "Do They Know It's Christmas?" for the Christmas market that year (according to Wikipedia). I was just a 7 years old little girl, but I loved so much this idea (because there are many of my music beloved in that group: Spandau ballet, George Michael, Duran Duran - and yes, you could easily recognize the Johhn Taylor's bass wave - and so on). This is my Christmas Song nail art, today.

Siete pronte? Siete calde?
Ánch'io!
Ma oggi, per cantare una canzone natalizia (molto pop, me ne rendo conto) non chiamiamo Madonna, bensì, i ragazzi della BandAid, il supergruppo composto da Bob Geldof nel 1984 per incidere un singolo e dedicarne i proventi alla raccolta fondi contro la carestia che stava affliggendo l'Etiopia in quegli anni (non che adesso la situazione sia rose e fiori, tuttavia...). Io ero una ragazzina, nel 1984, eppure mi piacque tantissimo l'idea (anche perché vi avevano preso parte i miei ammmmmori dell'epoca, gli Spandau Ballet, George Michael, i Duran Duran - e si sente pUtente il basso di John Taylor, in sottofondo ♥). Per cui, in pieno amarcord, eccovi la mia nail art canterina.





Nail Polishes I Used:
China Glaze I'm not the Lion
China Glaze Snow
Wjcon LE Burlesque #10


Because BandAid is an all star group, I needed some start to show you. So I painted my nail using three (3) coats of China Glaze I'm not the Lion, a golden holo glitter from On Safari collection. I painted my ring with two coat of China Glaze Snow, and over a piece of wax paper I drew a Christmas Tree silhouette. I placed my sticker over the white base, I added the stars on the top usig a drop of IMNTL and the top coat. Ta-da!
Super easy!

I chose this song because Christmas should be a moment to give, not to take. 
I'm aware that a song couldn't mend the world, despite what the Band Ais sings, BUT I think we CAN change, if we want it. I was indecise about which song sing today, because my other fav song is John Lennon's "Merry Xmas (War is Over)". And this is the key. I believe we can save the world. It's up to US.

Thank you for stopping by and have a nice day!




Smalti utilizzati:
China Glaze I'm not the Lion
China Glaze Snow
Wjcon LE Burlesque #10

Poiché la Band Aid è un gruppo di supercalibri (o almeno lo era allora), avevo bisogno di qualcosa di stellare e luccicoso, ché siamo comunque a Natale. Così ho usato China Glaze I'm not the Lion, un holo glitter color oro della collezione On Safari e ho steso tre passate. Sull'anulare ho usato due mani di China Glaze Snow. Su un pezzo di carta da forno ho disegnato il profilo stilizzato di un abete usando WjCon LE Burlesque #10, e quando il mio disegno s'è asciugato l'ho piazzato sullo sfondo bianco. Una goccia di IMNTL per il puntale e via di top coat, a sigillare il tutto.
Manicure molto semplice, ma che lascia il segno.

So che questa canzone potrà sembrare strana, come scelta, ma credo che il natale debba essere un momento per dare e non solo per ricevere. Sarò un'inguaribile romantica, ma credo davvero che si possa cambiare il mondo. Basta solo volerlo. E non vi stupirete, a questo punto, quando vi dirò che l'altra canzone in lizza era "Merry Xmas (War is Over)" di John Lennon, vero?
Grazie per essere passati e buona serata!

 Acque pacate e dolci risate finché non ci rincontreremo

0 commenti:

Post a Comment

Your comments feed my blog. Don't be shy!

 

My Lovely Followers

Team Blogueuse à Chat

All Around The World